The GROSS Factor
Did You Know…
• Water fountains have approximately 2.7 million bacteria per square inch on the spigot!
• Telephones carry around 25,000 germs per square inch!
• Desks and work stations have about 400x times more bacteria than a toilet seat!
• Bathrooms have fecal matter on almost every surface!
• The first floor button in elevators harbors the most bacteria and germs!
• Most cleaning companies spread more germs then they eliminate!
• 94% of adults will not return to a business that has filthy restrooms!
Some facts about viruses and germs…
• The flu virus can live on a surface for up to 72hrs
• MRSA can live on surfaces for up to several months
• Together they infect millions of people every year
• Up to 54,000 people will die from them every year
What are the most common places that MRSA and the flu can be found?
• Your workplace
• Your child’s school
• Your health club
• Your doctor’s office
80% of all infections spread through hand contact with contaminated surfaces